Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the frequently asked questions below. If you don’t find the answer to your question, feel free to contact Functional Medicine Center of Montana via email, or set up a FREE Discovery consultation.
Scheduling and Visits
What Are The Restrictions On Virtual Doctor's Visits?
Your initial visit at Functional Medicine Center of Montana must be in person. After the first visit, all follow up visits can be conducted in person, by phone or secure video.
Contact Between Wellness Visits
If you need support between Wellness Program appointments, you may email or text message during regular business hours. There is no charge for quick questions. If your email or text question is more lengthy in nature, we may request you make an office or telemedicine appointment.
Scheduling & Cancellations
When you schedule an appointment at Functional Medicine Center of Montana, that time is reserved especially for you. We understand that things can happen between the time you book an appointment and when the appointment is scheduled. There is a 72 hour cancelation policy for intial consultations. There is a 48 hour cancelation policy for established patients who have an appointment with the doctor, health coach or nutritionist. Canceling outside the 72 and 48-hour policies will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file.
In addition, if you do not show up for a video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notification by phone or online scheduling tool in the patient portal, $100 will be charged to the credit card on file.
All information discussed during your appointment is confidential. Exceptions to this include your disclosure of intent for harm to self or others.
Members of the team may discuss your care and will also have access to your records as is necessary to provide the best integrative care possible.
We encourage you to share your information with your family physician or other specialists involved with your care but this will not be done without your written consent.
Fees and Insurance
Functional Medicine Center of Montana is not a primary care clinic
Functional Medicine Center of Montana providers prefer that you continue to have a primary care physician. The clinic offers three comprehensive medical programs over a specified length of time designed to help you begin to heal.
It is important to note the following:
1. We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician as we are not in-network with any insurance plan.
2. We understand that things can come up unexpectedly in life and sometimes you need to be seen right away. We will do our best to see you within a few days of your request for an appointment.
3. We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you will need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
We Do Not Bill Insurance Companies
Functional Medicine Center of Montana is a patient supported practice and does not bill insurance for its services. By working only for you, we can save you money by not charging you inflated fees. As well, insurance does not cover the doctor-patient time or level of care we offer to our patients. We share with you our whole sale prices for labs and testing. We will happily provide you with a bill on request so that you may submit it to your insurance provider but we cannot guarantee that you will be reimbursed.
The cost of any services provided by Functional Medicine Center of Montana are due at the time you sign up for care. You may pay with a credit or debit card, check, cash, or HSA account.
Functional Medicine Center of Montana does not submit medical claims to insurance providers and we cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
Your initial 90 minute visit with Functional Medicine Center of Montana includes going over your history, doing a physical exam, making recommendations on lab testing and lifestyle changes, along with recommendations on good quality supplements. This visit is a $500- value. Should you decide not to proceed with the Wellness Program after this appointment, the entire amount of your program fee will be reimbursed minus the $500- for the initial appointment.
Functional Lab Tests
- Most lab tests ordered by the Functional Medicine Center of Montana physician can be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some of the functional medicine lab tests we offer may not be covered by insurance. We are contracted with Labcorp, a wholesale laboratory which ensures you will get the lowest lab price every time.
- Lab tests are ordered specifically for you based on your initial evaluation at Functional Medicine Center of Montana. They may include blood, saliva, urine or stool testing.
- We make every effort to assure we are transparent with the cost of the labs we order. We highly recommend you agree to the recommended lab tests as they will directly affect your treatment plan.
- Lab results may sometimes indicate you need further evaluation by a primary care physician or specialist. We would be happy to assist you with that referral.
- If a lab test kit is mailed to you by the lab or Functional Medicine Center of Montana, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans will cover expenses from Labcorp, which is a lab often used by Functional Medicine Center of Montana because of their favorable pricing policies for patients.
Are You Ready to Find Your Optimal Health?!
I look forward to helping you be the change you want to see in your health! If you have any questions you’d like to ask before you are ready to take the first step in your journey to health, I am happy to answer them.